Sunday, December 23, 2007

Introduction

Let me start off by giving everyone a background on myself and explain what I would like to accomplish with the launch of my new blog.

First and foremost, I am a 24-year-old recent college graduate (I was on the 5 year plan) and I just landed my first “real” job 6 months ago and even though I am writing a personal finance blog, I will assure you that I am no financial genius. In fact, I am not a genius in any sense of the imagination. I am a normal 24-year-old guy who got average grades in high school and college and I currently work in a semi-normal career as an IT recruiter. So please don’t go thinking that the only reason I can make/save/invest a bunch of money is because I am a lot smarter than you are. I doubt that I am. However, I would like to point out that you do not have to be super smart to become rich. You just have to give yourself a little financial education and teach yourself some discipline (I know, I know, easier said than done). That is where this blog comes in.

There are two reasons I started this blog. Reason #1 is because I want to share what I have learned about personal finance with as many people as possible. How fun would it be to have $10 million dollars and be retired if all your friends were still plugging away at their office all day every day? Who are you going to hang out with? Your wife’s crappy cat? I don’t think so. Do yourself and your friends a favor and have them read this blog so you live the high life (and no that doesn’t mean drinking that shitty Miller High Life beer).

Reason #2: I need some motivation to keep learning about money. If I don’t give myself some sort of reason to keep learning about finance I fear that I will stop learning and/or caring all together. How much money do you think I could make if I stopped caring about it all together? Probably not enough money to retire comfortably. I am not saying people need to be obsessed about money but you definitely need to keep an eye on it and make some smart moves in order to set yourself up for a relaxing, early retirement.

With all that being said, I would like to encourage comments on each and every post I write. Like I said, I am by no means an expert and your feedback will help me become more well rounded in my knowledge of personal finance.


One last note. If you do disagree with my posts, feel free to comment about it. Let me know what you disagree with, why you disagree with it and what you would do differently. I absolutely encourage constructive criticism and I feel that everyone reading should be able to see some of the pros and cons of the personal finance theories that will be discussed. With all that being said, I hope you enjoy my first attempt and blogging and I encourage everyone to give me feedback on how to make this place better. Thanks.


No comments: